In my early twenties I really struggled with food and weight, but finding my love for baking really helped me get over my issues.
When I started sharing recipes I was a complete novice, and really had no idea what I was doing, but over time and with practice I feel I’m quite good at it now. my life revolves around it.
I found that with food blogging you need to have good photos so I got a cheap Samsung compact slr and started focusing on the styling and photos more and more and found that it was so much fun, I have always been artistic so photography is just another outlet for me, and I guess baking has been as well as I like to make things look pretty. I shot my two cook books with that cheap camera, can you believe it?. I now have upgraded to a canon 70d, which still isn’t a full frame camera, people laugh when they see my camera as it is usually covered in flour!.
I would bake or make pasta every day if I could and to be honest I often do.
My passion for cooking really came into its own when I was working as a carer for a lady with Parkinson’s. Unfortunately she sadly passed away, which meant I was out of a job so I decided to try and work in the food industry full time.
Since then I have been lucky enough to travel around the world teaching workshops on food photography.
Get to know me
I think the best way for you to really get to know me is with some questions and answers, feel free to play along.
- Question 1 = What would you say is your favourite thing to bake or cook? Answer = cake, I just love baking a cake of any kind, I used to bake a lot of cakes but I haven’t made so many recently. for cooking then I would have to say pasta, I love making pasta its so fun.
- Question 2 = Favourite kitchen tool? Answer = I love my kitchenaid mixer and use it almost everyday, and my food processor, as I’m too lazy to chop any thing, but I wouldn’t be without a silicone spatula
- Question 3 = Favourite snack? Answer = chocolate, granola? chocolate, ok I already said that but I love it, I have been on a health kick recently and I haven’t had chocolate for a long time, I have been really loving skyr yogurts lately.
- Question 4 = Best holiday you have ever been on? Answer = that is a hard one as I have been to some great places, and I have been travelling so much recently, I would have to say japan or Italy. I really love Tuscany.
- Question 5 = Whats on your bucket list? Answer = travel!! I really want to go to America!! I really really want to go soooo badly (update I ticked this one off my list in 2018 and cant wait to go back), and so many other places. I actually have a list on my phone of all the places I want to visit, learn to drive (I know it should already know how to do this), I have a really silly one that’s more like a dream but I would love to get a camper van and travel around Italy learning how to make each regions dishes.
- Question 6= Future goals? Answer? i would love to write another book, I want to have more control on the design and learn that side of it too, I really want it to be a passion project that I take my time on. I would love to open a small bakery in the future, I have a bit of a pipe dream that I would love to move to a cottage in the country side and make cheese lol. I would love to create some videos for the blog but I have know idea where to start. write an Ebook and improve my photography. I want to keep learning.
- Question 7= favourite Tv shows? Answer= I am literally square eyed, I love tv and films, I would have to say I love friends, greys anatomy, game of thrones, outlander, this is us, grace and Frankie, the crown, handmaids tale. I could go on and on as I honestly watch so much. I watch movies several times a week too. I am a huge harry potter fan.
- Question 8 = must have ingredient when cooking? Answer? Salt!!! I love salt, especially smoked salt. I collect salt when ever I travel.
So me in a nutshell
- I grew up in Torquay which is a small seaside town. it is the town I was born in, (I would love to move somewhere else like London or Bristol or even provence)
- I have two brothers, one older one younger and I have three step brothers.
- My parner is 19 years older than me (I know it seems a lot but trust me I’m more mature than him lol)
- we rescued a pointer from Spain named Pablo, he rules the house.
- I actually wanted to be a zoo keeper when I left school and studied for my diploma in animal care and national diploma in animal management
- I am a cookbook addict and have so many I have ran out of space, and I have same problem with ceramics and props.
- I am left handed.