Welcome to Twiggstudios, I’m Aimee Twigger, growing up I always felt so unfortunate to be stuck with that surname, I got called twiglet twig and even the teachers would laugh about it, but in my late teens I met my partner and him as his daughter called me twig and it kind of just stuck, when I started this blog twiggstudios seemed to be a good fit as at the time I was really into crafting and interiors (that’s where the studio part came from)
in my early twenties I really struggled with food and weight and ended up with an eating disorder, but finding my love for baking and photographing food really helped me combat it. when I started sharing recipes I was a complete novice, and really had no idea what I was doing, but over time and with practice I feel I’m quite good at it now. my life revolves around it.
I found that with food blogging you need to have good photos so I got a cheap Samsung compact dslr and started focusing on the styling an photos more and more and found that it was so much fun, I have always been artistic so photography is just another outlet for me, and I guess baking it as well as I like to make things look pretty. I shot my two cook books with that cheap camera, can you believe it?. I now have upgraded to a canon 70d.
I would bake every day if I could and to be honest I often do, I was working as a carer for a lady with Parkinson’s until recently but unfortunately she sadly passed away so now I have lots of free time for blogging and recipe developing before I find another job.
get to know me
I think the best way for you to really get to know me is with some questions and answers, feel free to play along.
- what would you say is your favourite thing to bake? cake, I just love baking a cake of any kind.
- favourite kitchen tool? I love my kitchenaid mixer and use it almost everyday, (I could really do with a proper clean) but I wouldn’t be with out a silicone spatula
- favourite snack? chocolate, granola? chocolate, ok I already said that but I love it,
- best holiday you have ever been on? my partner and I took a holiday at a place called cayo levantado in the Dominican republic, the hotel is on its own island just off the coast and it was incredible, and we got engaged there so its extra special.
- whats on your bucket list? travel I really want to go to America I really really want to go soooo badly, also I would love to visit japan, and so many other places, learn to drive (I know it should already know how to do this), finally get married I have been engaged forever. meet Mary berry, (shes my idol)
- future goals? write another book, I want to have more control on the design and learn that side of it too. I would love to open a small bakery in the future. I would love to create some videos for the blog but I have know idea where to start. write an Ebook and improve my photography.
- favourite Tv shows? I love modern family, friends, greys anatomy, bones, sex and the city,
so me in a nutshell
- grew up in torquay the town I was born in, (I would love to move somewhere else like London or Bristol)
- I have two brothers, one older one younger
- my parner is 19 years older than me (I know it seems a lot but trust me I’m more mature than him lol)
- I have a Dalmatian called archie and two guinea pigs
- I actually wanted to be a zoo keeper and studied for my diploma in animal care and national diploma in animal management
- I am a cookbook addict and have so many I have ran out of space, and I have same problem with ceramics and props.