gingerbread dough recipe
the dough recipe i use to make my gingerbread, it works nicely for other shaped cookies too.
- 75 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams light brown sugar or a mix of light and dark
- 100 grams golden syrup i use lyles
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- pinch salt
- 3/4 tbsp milk
using an electric whisk or stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then mix in the golden syrup and whisk again.
sift together the flour, spices, pinch of salt and baking powder, then add to the whipped butter and together,
Add the milk a little at a time until you get a soft dough.
using your hands mix into a ball and then wrap up and place dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour. longer is better.